- Perakakis, P., Ponsati, A., Bernal, I., Sierra, C., Osman, N., Mosquera-de-Arancibia, C., Lorenzo, E. (2017). OPRM: Challenges to Including Open Peer Review in Open Access Repositories. Code4LIb, 35.
- Taylor, M., Perakakis, P., Trachana, V., Gialis, S. (2014). Rankings are the sorcerer’s new apprentice. Ethics in Science and Environmental Politics, 13: pp. 10.
- Perakakis, P., Taylor, M. (2013). Academic self-publishing: a not-so-distant future. Prometheus, 31(3), pp. 257–263.
- Perakakis P., Taylor M., Mazza G.M., Trachana V. (2011). Understanding the role of open peer review and dynamic academic articles. Scientometrics. 88 (2), pp. 669–673.
- Perakakis P., Taylor M., Trachana, V. (2010). The roads to open access. 2010 World Social Science Report. UNESCO Publishing, Paris. ISBN: 978-92-3-104131-0.
- Perakakis P., Taylor M., Mazza G.M., Trachana V. (2010). Natural selection of academic papers. Scientometrics 85 (2), 553–559.
- Taylor M., Perakakis P., Trachana V. (2007). The siege of science. Ethics in Science and Environmental Politics 8(1), 17–40.
Presentations and workshops:
- Open Science: What, Why, How? Hot Topic Lecture about open science. Ghent University, Belgium, 19, May, 2017. Slides
- Open Science in an Open World. The 2nd Homo scientificus europaeus Meeting. Barcelona, Spain, 16 May, 2017
- Why True Science is only Open Science. EURODOC2017. Oslo, Norway, 26–27 April 2017. Presentation
- One damn thing after another: The journal monopoly, how it came to be, what it means for science and what we can do about it. GATE CNRS. Lyon, France, 10 October 2016. Presentation
- An Open Peer Review Module for Open Access Repositories. Dublin, Ireland, 13–16 June 2016
- Next generation repositories. COAR annual meeting. Vienna, Austria, 11–14 April 2016. Video
- Presenting the first Open Peer Review Module for Open Access Repositories. CSIC, Madrid, Spain, 27 April 2016
- Open Peer Review workshop. Goettingen University, Germany. 7 June 2016. Report
- Modelos alternativos de validación y evaluación de la producción académica: hacía una evaluación mas eficiente, ética y transparente (Alternative models for the validation and evaluation of academic production: towards a more efficient, ethical and transparent evaluation system). Seminario sobre visibilidad y divulgación de la producción científica. Programa de doctorado en estudios migratorios. University of Granada, 5-6 February 2015
- New systems for scientific evaluation, peer-review and open access. Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Jardin Botanico, Madrid, Open Access Week, 22 October 2014. Conclusions. Presentation
- Open, Portable, Decoupled – How should Peer Review change? SpotOn London, 8 November 2013
- Open Access to Scientific Reviews: Quantifying the opinion of peers. European University Institute, Florence, Open Access Week, 22 October 2013
- Current academic publishing and the LIBRE alternative. CERN Workshop on Innovations in Scholarly Communication (OAI8), University of Geneva, 19-21 June 2013
- Beyond Open Access: facing the real problems. Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich 5 December 2013. Video
- How the impact factor power law came to be and the new alternatives. European Association of Science Editors (EASE). Barcelona, Spain, 14 May 2007
- Putting The Impact Factor In Its Place With A New Approach In Bibliometry. Mediterranean Editors & Translators (METM). Barcelona, Spain, 27-28 October 2006
In the media:
New forms of open peer review will allow academics to separate scholarly evaluation from academic journals. 2013. London School of Economics—Impact of Social Sciences.
Open-access platform Libre launched. 2013. The Times Higher Education, By Paul Jump.
Too complex for the jury? 2013. The Times Higher Education, By Paul Jump.